ESHA Research has been the leading provider of food and supplement labeling solutions since 1991. If you sell food products in Canada, European Union, Mexico, or the United States, we can help ensure your labels are compliant!
Country Specific Label Modules for Genesis
With our country-specific label modules, you can create Government compliant Nutrition Facts panels for your products.
Only need a few labels or need a second set of eyes? We can help. Our team of consultants are knowledgeable in all aspects of compliant labeling, product formulation, and nutrition data, ensuring your unique needs are met.
The European Union Commission recently reworked the nutrition label for more clarity to the consumer. These new regulations have been in effect since December 2014.
With the FDA’s proposed changes to the Nutrition Facts Panel, a few nutrients have been getting more press lately. One of those is fiber.
Q: How do I declare the number of servings per container on a US label?
A: The number of servings is based on the product serving size and can be declared in several ways, depending on the product.
- Servings can be rounded to the nearest whole number and declared as “about” (about 2 servings)
- Between 2 and 5 servings must be rounded to the nearest 0.5 serving, and declared as “about” (about 3.5 servings)
- Servings reported on a drained basis (such as pickles) may be declared as “usually” (usually 5 servings)
- Random weight items may be reported as “varied” (3 servings varied)
- Packages that contain single serving containers must report the number single serving containers as the number of servings
Reference: The FDA Website.
Q: How do I modify Servings Per Container in Genesis?
A: In Genesis, to include Servings Per Container information on your label:
- Go to Label > Settings > General > Servings Per Container (click “+” to expand) (This is a text field.)
- Enter the appropriate information in the Servings Per Container field (the right side column).
- If you have additional country modules, enter the appropriate language translation in the corresponding country’s field.