This past year, we updated the Genesis R&D program to include a module for simplifying the creation of European Union compliant Nutrition Information Labels.
If you have this module, the program will automatically format the label with the correct layout, font size, nutrient list, and regulatory compliance factors.
Note: You must have access to the European Union Nutrition Information Label module for Genesis R&D.
- Create a new Recipe by clicking the Recipe icon and selecting New.
- Name your Recipe and enter in the number of servings the Recipe will make. Alternatively, you can enter a per serving weight.
- Carefully search for and enter all the ingredients in your Recipe. You will do this by typing in ingredient search terms (full or partial words) and selecting matches from the list returned.
- If your ingredient is not available in the list of search results, you will have to create your ingredient. This is covered in a tutorial here.
- Save often.
- Once you have created and saved your Recipe, click Label Display in the list of Reports.
- If you are new to the program, you will most likely see a U.S. Label, which looks like this:
- Right-click on the label and select Settings.
- Select General.
- From the available Regulation options, select EU. (Depending on what modules you have, this may be your only option.)
- You will also have to choose the country or region for the label to make sure the correct punctuation and number formatting is used. This is under the EU menu item.
- From this point, there are several tweaks you can make within the accepted guidelines.