Genesis R&D Food Formulation & Nutrition Labeling Software version 11.0 Summer 2015 Update is now available and ready for download! To learn more about the program updates, check out our Genesis R&D 11.0 Overview Webinar.
New User Interface!
Genesis's new navigation bar uncovers hidden features and menu settings with new icons and a streamlined interface. We have replaced the previous menu structure with a new ribbon navigation bar to provide ease of use and intuitive access to the rich features of Genesis.
Multiple Notes Fields
Now you have three fields to put notes about the recipe, cooking instructions, or any information relevant to your formulation needs.
Users can now import recipe specific images and view them in the label report.
Serving Size Volume
Use this field to enter the correct volume-to-weight conversion. Later, you can choose either volume (ml) or weight (g) for the label serving size display.
We have populated the ESHA database with available added sugar data so you can see where the sugar in your recipe is coming from. Added Sugar data was populated for plain US database foods, according to the added sugar definition outlined in the US proposed labeling changes. Foods that were modified include:
- Plain fruits, vegetables, grain, dairy that contain natural sugar but not added sugar. For these foods, added sugar is zero.
- Foods that do not contain sugar. If total sugar is zero, added sugar is zero.
- Foods like sugar and honey that meet the definition of added sugar. For these foods, added sugar is equal to the total sugar value.
The nutrient, EU Carb, was renamed, Carbohydrate (Available), which is more universally recognized. This nutrient is associated with the EU labeling module. Carbohydrate (Available) does not include dietary fiber, making it different than the Carbohydrate field used in the US and Canada (which does include dietary fiber).
Learn more about how Carbohydrates are calculated.
Foods & Ingredients
Ongoing database updates always include adding new foods, updating existing foods and removing outdated foods. Requested items from Panera Bread and Aramark food service are highlighted in this update.
- Added/Updated Manufacturers Data: Aramark, Chapul, Coleman Natural Foods, Creative Natural Products, Food Should Taste Good, Goose Valley, Hawaii Seafood Council, Kerr Concentrates, Kozy Shack, Norpac, Pitaya Plus, Spangler Candy, Thailand Unique, Ajinomoto, Bragg Live Foods, Daiya, Dannon, Hillshire Brands, Galaxy Nutritional Foods, Living Harvest, Lundberg Family Farms, Natural Ovens Bakery, Nestle, PepsiCo, Pinnacle Foods, Schwan's, Smucker's, So Delicious Dairy Free, Valley Lahvosh Baking Co., WhiteWave
- Added/Updated Restaurant Data: Costco Food Court, Culvers, Panera Bread, Rubio's, Wingstop, Auntie Anne's, Bertucci's, Bob Evans, Burger King, BYB Back Yard Burger, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Little Caesars, Long John Silvers, McDonalds, Plant Sub, Sizzler, Sonic, Subway, Taco Bell
Online manual here.
For a full list of enhancements, please see the release notes.