Software QA Tester
ESHA Research develops and sells nutritional software and databases to health care and food-related industry professionals. We are currently seeking a full-time Software QA Tester to join our team in the Salem, OR office.
The Software QA Tester will serve as the mainspring in keeping the software quality of ESHA high. This position is responsible for: helping interpret user requirements so they are elicited in a testable way, creating automated and manual ways to functionally test the software, preventing regressions as ESHA grows the code, advising developers on practices they can take to increase code quality, and developing and reporting metrics that communicate software quality.
- Continue to develop a growing automated testing system which allows hands-off functional testing of new builds.
- Create visible functional test plans that can either be executed or followed manually.
- Analyze the results of test plans and give an estimate of the quality of the software in terms of expected stability and correctness.
- Use issue tracking tool to log and track issues for the team to address.
- Maintain a history of test results.
- Moderate and contribute to user requirement elicitation, software design, implementation, and unit test reviews, especially how these impact the testability and quality of the software.
- Analyze unit test coverage and variance over time.
- Improve and enforce software quality practices.
- Review technical documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, and over the phone.
- Ability to:
- Take initiative and prioritize tasks; excellent time-management, organizational, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills
- Work accurately with close attention to detail
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to study and apply new information
- Strong Windows Desktop/Web application experience.
- Familiarity with modern testing tools and techniques (e.g. functional testing, regression testing, scripting tests, virtual machine specification, Selenium, Vagrant, Powershell, Test Studio/Test Complete/VS Coded UI Test/Silk Test/etc.).
- Experience or familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical ability with active listening skills.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma required; College experience or degree desired
- One to three years of applicable experience.
Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, 401K, Vacation, and Holiday Pay
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.