ESHA Research, located in Salem, Oregon is looking for a Nutrition Researcher. The Nutrition Researcher assists with maintaining the ESHA nutritional database. The general position involves online research, data entry and organization, customer support, recipe analysis, and other projects.
The Nutrition Researcher requires an aptitude for math and a desire to learn mathematical applications for nutrition. Careful work and attention to detail are important characteristics of the job. The candidate should be able to take direction, follow specific guidelines, seek out answers to questions, and work independently. The position requires a team player, who is friendly but task oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run an in-house program that will impute missing nutritional data points for about 43,000 brand name and restaurant foods
- Enter food item ingredient list data into the program
- Match the ingredient list items to items in a food composition database
- Run the imputed values software and assess the quality of the results
- Online Research
- Electronic data entry
- Customer support
- Recipe analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Character Traits
- Microsoft Office experience is a must
- Self-motivated, task-oriented, excellent attention to detail, and organized
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
- Able to work independently in a loosely structured environment and efficiently meet deadlines
- An interest in food/nutrition is a plus
ESHA Research is nationally recognized as the leading developer of nutritional analysis and labeling software and databases for top food manufacturers, food professionals, and dietitians.
Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, 401K, Vacation, and Holiday Pay